Sunday, January 01, 2006

How will I top this one?

This was the most different New Year's I've ever had. Apart from not being in OK, I actually went to a bar and passed out on the couch. I'll just post the highlights of my New Years Eve.

  • Going to Wal-Mart and seeing a guy who felt the need to recapture his glory days when he was cool. He was wearing a red leather suit, black shirt and skinny red leather tie WITH (and this is the icing on the cake) a black leather beret. I think he was following us.
  • We went to a bar downtown, rushed to get there so we could get in free only to find out that there was only two couples over the age of 50, three guys, the staff and the DJ there. We left after an hour but at least we could say we went out on New Years' eve.
  • Came home and watched the South Park marathon, missed the ball drop but toasted with champagne. I know my tolerance has significantly gone down when one glass of champagne can have me passed out.
  • I did some drunken IMing which somehow got into a conversation about Magnums. It was so bad I had to get off the computer because I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. I was lookin at the screen with one eye so I continued the conversation on the phone. It involved me saying, "What are you talking about? You don't even know what you're saying." Which might have been true on their part, but shoot, I ain't know what I saying either.

So that was my New Years'. Welcome 2006! I'm glad to be here to see it. But after this week I'll be starting over in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Let's see how that goes. This being my last week in VA, I plan to go out with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment