Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tell me something I don't know.....really I'd like to know

So Milyaka keeps mentioning her trips to VA comparing it to this one. I honestly didn't know it was as horrible as she's making it sound. She could be over dramatizing it and she probably is but it still sucks. The first time, I couldn't stop my life in school just as she can't stop her life now and I don't expect her to. And the second time she came was because I was in crisis. Just like a best friend would she actually got on a plane and came to my rescue. The only thing was with me going through something the last thing I wanted was to be stuck in the house. I think she just wanted to sit there and catch up but I wanted to get my my mind off whatever had happened to me. Everywhere I went I asked if she wanted to go. If you say you don't want to go, don't be mad when you don't go. That's our main issue. But that's still my homie till the end. I can't wait till we can stop talking about the past and get to having fun. She's just not used to having me here, so she's hugging me every five mins. I'm not too keen on PDA people. Plus its so funny because she's talked about me so much that when I meet new people its like,"THIS IS MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!" And its flattering but I feel like she's announcing me like I'ma superstar and then people look at me like'........So this is it? She's not that special.......' So I just feel like I have to live up to that.



On a totally different note, I'm watching The Notebook. Last night I saw Pride and Prejudice. The characteristic on spotlight is : PERSISTANCE. I was talking to Tiff about how our generation has a lack of tolerance for anything that takes time. If it doesn't happen quickly or when we want it to we give up or move on to something else. Sometimes it takes months or years for things to manifest and we hardly have the patience to wait for results. Perhaps the characteristic is : PATIENCE. We talked about that in Bible Study too. That we expect quick results from God when his time is not our time. What may be a day to us is just a second to Him. I just feel that if you feel like something is worth it, you don't give up. At least not until you know its not meant to be. It's all the more rewarding when you see it come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment