Saturday, January 14, 2006

All Day I Dream About Sex

This is where I do my self evaluation. As I lay on the couch watching Love and Basketball, I started thinking about how I love the more I watch a movie, the more I become more familiar about the details of it. The songs that play in the background, the rhythm of the dialogue. It becomes like a song. I noticed that I'm more into details in movies and songs than I am in real life.
"She's a ho cus she's sending her coochie through the mail."
Love Jones
"What's the point black man?"
"Have you been listening? I'ma tell you the point. I'ma feed you the point. The point is....look I don't know what the point is."
Two Weeks Notice
"Did you ever tell Bobby you loved him? Did you say, 'Bobby...I love you'?"
When Harry Met Sally
"You're missing the point. I don't think he's ever going to leave her."
"NO ONE thinks he's ever going to leave her."

I just love it.

But also watching the movie and watching the character's dedication to basketball. How she thought about every single move. No wonder I was no good at basketball. I never took it that seriously. What I was good at was the high jump in track. I tell you it was better than sex, drugs and rock and roll. It was like an orgasm in mid air. The biggest high I've ever had. And I would win. If I could find a high jump pole and mat I promise I would be jumping somewhere to this day. Just for fun, not for competition. For the high of it. I quit the track team at Hampton because they told me we would never practice the high jump in practice, only run and lift weights. I hated running.

I also hate commercial interrupted movies. They cut out all the good stuff.

P.S. Why am I so intrigued to see Brokeback Mountain when I couldn't even sit half way through Alexander? I'm so backwards....

No comments:

Post a Comment