Thursday, January 12, 2006

Who knew?

Ever since I got up this morning I've been cleaning out the closet in my room. As I lay in my bed trying to get the energy to actually move, I started thinking about what would make this experience better for me. What could I do to stop sulking about leaving my space in Virginia for this one? It came to me. Make this space MY OWN. Since I went to college I felt like nothing here was mine. Everyone was able to kick me out of anywhere I went because it was theirs or I had to share it. But I need something to call mine. So I've begun the renovation in my head. A new color for the walls. A new bed. And get all of these boxes out! No longer will my room be a storage closet. I've gotta be able to breathe.

Also I've found that we are pack rats. There's so much crap around here that no one uses or wears. It's time to get rid of it. I've taken on this challenge myself. Since I don't have a job right now, I can be cleaning out the house. Cleaning up my head. Organizing the house. Organizing my life. Working gives you no time to figure anything out. By the time you get home, you're too tired to do anything productive. Evidence of this is the clutter that is my sister's room. And I remember my room was the same way when I was working. Now that's a shame.

So I've got stuff to do. I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. been a little while since i last checked in- digging the new look! photo and site, respectively. :) wow, oklahoma is a long way from virginia... of course i have not been to either, so i'll go on your experiences, but i hope you become adjusted to it. a belated happy new year, ms. simplicity. best for 2006!

    ReplyDelete