Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Confusion reigns over the world

I recently found out that someone I used to know passed away yesterday. Its truly a sad thing to find out that someone as young as I am gets their life cut so short. Now it seems that all the people on facebook that knew him have taken to putting his picture up on their profile in place of theirs. I honestly didn't realize who he was when I first saw it. Then the picture kept coming up more frequently among the people I actually know on facebook. I started to wonder, Did I know him? The more I looked as his picture the more familiar he started to look. Then it made me sad that I couldn't place him. I even called Milyaka to see if she knew him. She in fact did know him and supposedly so did I. This is the thing that bothers me, I start to wonder if all of the people that have been putting his picture on their profile knew him. I know that some people just jump on the bandwagon to be included. Its always sad to have lost a classmate or a peer, but I can't stand when people exploit it. I can't even pretend I knew him. I don't remember. Pray for my memory people. I don't know where my mind has gone. I don't remember too much about high school period. But I will pray for his close friends. I know if I lost one of my close friends I'd just about go crazy. I'm going crazy being this far from them right now. Please appreciate those who love you. You just never know. That being said, it is officially my father's birthday. I'll give him a call.......

No comments:

Post a Comment