Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just the way things are

I've noticed that I no longer need to know the answer for everything. Even though the uncertainty of the future still makes me nervous, I don't need to know why something happens or doesn't happens. Is that maturity I smell? Maybe. The other day I was talking to one of my co-workers about the movie Sliding Doors. For those of you who don't know, the movie is basically about the 'what if' factor. What if you had done this instead of that? How would your life be different? I try not to think about those things because I automatically think that the other way would have been better than way things are now. Then I would kick myself for making the wrong decision. That would mean I would regret things. So I don't do that. I have to believe that everything happens for a reason. And I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment