Friday, January 27, 2006

Eat the cake Anna Mae!

So yeah I decided to break my last post into two because I had more to say about my best friend. She is one of the most amazing people I know. I think I owe most if not all of my self esteem to her. She never hestistates to tell me I'm the greatest person on Earth. I feel the same way about her. Because I've known her for almost 9 years, I know the good things and the bad things and I love her just the same.

I wanted to talk about my best friends. Milyaka, Tiffani and I even include Chris in this because he knew me in different way than they will ever know me because....... he is a guy. On a man-woman level.

I have always thanked God for Milyaka and Tiff because they keep me sane. Milyaka and I are totally different, but we've always understood each other because God has made it so that the same events have happened in our lives to keep us connected. She knows me and accepts who I am fully. But me and Tiff, we are just alike. We think the same, we say the same things. We still joke that we share a brain. People used to trip that we didn't even have to talk sometimes to communicate. She also accepts who I am fully.

From Milyaka I have learned sensitivity, tolerance and love. From Tiffani I have learned strength, honesty and openness, letting people know when they get on your nerves. From Chris I learned about boundaries, demanding respect, making Godly decisions and openness, letting people know when you care. I feel bad that most of the stuff I learned from him comes from negative things that I have had to turn into positive things.

The main criticism I get is that I don't correct things once I'm told about them. I think its mostly because of my bad memory. That's why I say charge it to my head and not my heart. Honestly I don't mean to do things again and again, but it happens. God has been teaching me some of the same lessons for years now. How could I expect it to be different with people?

Through this week I've learned that God had to take me out of VA to show me what was really going on in my life. Thank God I was able to listen this time. God took Milyaka out of the loop so that I could get closer to Tiff. God took Chris out of the loop so I could get closer to HIM. It's all about sacrifice for the greater glory. Amen.

I wrote something for my best friends.

Dynamic soul, truly individual
Words of wisdom you've often spoken
A hard head keeps you bound
Hot temper leads you where you don't want to be
Admired and held on a pedestal by most outsiders
And even those closest to you
We have a bond no one can break or match
Cherished sisterhood and souls that understand one another
Speaking a language unknown to others
People watch us with envy
As if they peer through a window watching us laugh
Wishing to be apart of our joy
I know the puzzle that is you
Because it is also me
God knew I would need you
He made it so that we would meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment