Friday, January 13, 2006

You'd run if you saw it too

So I had my lil rugrat today. Babysitting duties begin at the crack of dawn and since I stayed up till 3am watching Sugar Hill, I definitely was not ready. Tried to watch Madagascar with my niece. She wasn't too interested and I was too tired to see it all the way through. Ended up falling asleep towards the end but I think I'll give it a second try. I liked what I did get to see.

Parenting is hard man. I definitely know I am not ready for that yet. She's so cute though. Love her so much. And she's so smart! I know everyone says that about their kids. Perhaps we don't give kids enough credit. They gotta be smarter than we think they are supposed to be if everyone keeps saying 'my kid is so smart'. She knows exactly what she wants and asks for it. I like that.

She's really girly right now. It will be funny to see if she grows up to be a tomboy. She makes everything into a purse by puttin it on her arm. She has this pose where her hand is on the wall and she crosses her legs. Then she does what I call 'the black girl pose' where one leg is straight and the other is bent.

My sister said she needs anger management for babies because out of nowhere she'll just hurl anything she has in her hand at the wall with such force. I know where that comes from. Her dramatic mama.

I tried to give her a new hairstyle today. Something like Eva Pigford from America's Next Top Model. Me and Tiff call it the Waikiki Wave. It didn't work out too well. But it was only a trial run. Next time more mousse.

I came up with my own version of Common and Mary's "Come Close" with her name in it. She loved it. Sang her to sleep and everything. That's how I got to write this blog. Aww sweet babies.

So as you can see. We've had an eventful day. I'm pooped and her mother should be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment