Monday, February 07, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

Black People! You must go see this movie. I kept hearing really good things about it, but it wasn't on my list of must see movies until my best friend threatened me and told me I had to see it. We as a people don't really realize how blessed we are to live here. When was the last time you ever thought about what life would be like if you lived in Africa? When's the last time you thought about Africa? Do you think of yourself as African-American? Do you feel the connection between yourself and the African people? To be honest I was one of the Black people that never saw myself as African-American. I ain't never been there..... But I remember last semester I saw a presentation on genocide in today's society. Millions of people have been killed and no one knew about it. I felt like asking, 'How come I never knew about this?' But then what could I, as a person, do? Things happen, people die, especially in Africa, and no one cares, no one reports, no one sets up a protest, no one listens. It took eleven years for this movie to come out about the Rwandan Civil War and most of us would have never known if it weren't for this movie. Even though this movie was hard to watch at times, it made me feel and it made me think in a way I had never thought before. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment