Friday, December 09, 2005

Women's Appreciation

I got suckered into going to this women’s appreciation thing held by a fraternity at HU. Their idea of women’s appreciation is back massages with oil in a dark candlelit room feeding women strawberries and grapes while playing Jodeci and 112. I guess that would be ideal to some women. I on the other hand hate being touched by strangers, and it was way too much an intimate setting to have so many people in it. It seemed more like an orgy than a celebration of women. Call me a hater, ungrateful or whatever but its just not my thing. I mean at this point I can’t be getting massaged with oil listening to Jodeci and 112. I’m trying to stay focused. They trying to get me caught up! If Ima get massaged let it be while watching cartoons or something. That way there ain’t no mood setting going on. *wink*


Rent
I saw Rent on the day that rent was due. WARNING: This is a musical, If you don’t like musicals this movie may not be for you. They break into song at any moment. I say this because while Adrianne was at the hair salon some girl said, “Do NOT go see that movie Rent! They sang all the way through that movie!” (Picture this with a ghetto accent). Of course we love musicals so it was great. WARNING #2 There is homosexuality in the movie so beware. This movie is not for kids. It was good though, I would see it again.

3 comments:

  1. lol... i feel u on the women's appreciation thing....especially if it's some random ass (unattractive) guy who wants to touch you.

    you can't play 112 and jodeci around me during the day like that. wtf.

    There's a time and place, and for me as well, it's not with a frat guy having "women's appreciation".

    Hmm, I thought they'd have a lil more class than that. HU is funny. Approved events like that, but when it comes to educating your peers, they freak out (Don't let them learn enough to REBEL!)

    that's another story. sorry for getting carried away in your comment box...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, and where's the link to tiffani's blog?

    i'm so intrigued to see it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do i think those frat boys were appreciating the women more than they were appreciating themselves for being strong women? just a thought...

    ReplyDelete