Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Just four more shopping days...

Today was my first day off in a long while. I think I woke up with the sun hoping my money finally was deposited in the bank. I paid some bills while talking on IM to someone who doesn't matter. (Just kidding homie, you matter......to someone. Not sure who that someone is though.) Then I dragged myself off to the shower so that me and Theory could go to breakfast. WE had a wonderful breakfast buffet at Shoney's. We felt like we had to pile everything on our plates since we got there 15 minutes before it was over. It was a good time. I was feeling all contemplative about life saying things like, "The future man.......what's out there?"

Paid my cell phone bill since they are so prompt at cuttin me off. (Don't you like how I said that like its their fault I didn't pay my bill instead of mine?) Then when I got home I went to go visit my neighbors since I hadn't seen them in a long time. The one everyone calls D-O-double-G was there so we sat talked for a while. I always liked to see him smile because when he smiles he looks like a little kid. I can see him as he was when he was lil boy. It's so cute. He told me he's writing book of poetry. While I was there he recited some for me and said I'd inspired him to write one. See, its just that darn sexiness. I can't turn it off people. I just can't.

When I told him I was moving home he asked me why I don't get a man to take care of me. I told him I could never do that. I'd feel so.....what's the word? Inadequate. I'll just let my mother help me out while she's offering. And he said, "Some of us aren't so fortunate to have our mothers take care of us." And I say well since I am that fortunate, I'm going home. But let's get one thing straight. I don't look at this situation as my mother taking care of me. I look at it as adding my income to the household and we can all help to build one another up. As soon as I get my finances together, I'm getting out and you can believe that. I'm way too independent to get complacent about living with my mother. I was itching to get out during middle school and high school, so you can best believe I will be on my grind when I get there. I just want something that is mine. I realize that it takes more than one person to make a success. Thank God I have my family to support me and they haven't just kicked me out on the street to survive on my own.

I did most of my Christmas shopping but everyone will get their presents after Christmas because no one will be here. I must say I think I out did myself this year. Probably because I have money this year. Thats never happened before. It was an eventful day. I started out not being able to find anything. After a while I didn't even want to shop.....but then I got to Forever 21 and that jump start my shopping nerve. It was a beautiful thing. Do we have a Forever 21 at home? Ima have to check that out...... I got some wonderful purchases. Now I'm spent.

1 comment:

  1. That damn sexiness...gets them every time, right?? LMAO. Girl, u r a trip. It's all good though, there is some truth to all that.

    ReplyDelete