Sunday, December 18, 2005

What is ahead for me?

Man I dunno. But God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11. So I'm not worried.

I really had to fight to get up and go to church this morning because I didn't wanna go. I slept past my alarm, dragged myself into shower, put on the wackest outfit ever, couldn't find my socks so I went without, slapped my hair into a ponytail and was still late. Then when I got to church it seems that everyone decided to come today. I sat in the back on the aisle in one of those folding chairs next to the pew. At least I wasn't in the overflow. I never felt so underdressed in my life. Seems like last week when I had to work, they told everyone to buy a new suit and wear it TODAY.

But I'm so glad I went. The Lord has blessed me tremendously and I'm so thankful.

Tiff came down to visit and although it was short, it was a great time. We did our usual drive bys (where we drop by peoples' houses unannounced) and went out to eat. At the end of it I was beggin her not to go. Thats my homie!

But the next day I was sooo tired and I still had to work. When a customer casually asked me how I was doing I replied,
I need some coffee...... I just didn't feel like doing the whole cordial 'Oh yeah I'm fine.'
She said What do you want? I'll get it for you.
I said Oh no I can't allow you to do that. It just seems so wrong.
She said I'll get it for you, what do you want?
I say, Cappucino?

This lady got me a cappucino and it was the best cappucino I'd ever had!

The blessings didn't stop there. One of my favorite customers came in and just brightened up my day. She's an older white lady. She came in, saw me and said, "Hey girlfriend!" Then when she was leaving she gave me a hug and it just felt good in my spirit.

THEN One of my co-workers points to a bag and says that's yours. It turns out a customer had given me and a my co-worker COACH bags for Christmas. AWWW!

It was a beautiful day thanks to the Lord.

I hung out with my Peanut last night. I haven't seen him in a long time since neither one of have cars and I never go to Hampton's campus. This is another blessing I meant to mention. Since Adrianne loves me so much she left her laptop and her car in my possession so now I can write you a new blog everyday and I don't have to take the bus anymore. Hallelujah!

So I went to go see him and we hung out at his house. Just basically catching up, we haven't had a real conversation in a long time. I missed my Peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment