Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Here I am!

Missy Elliot~Pass the Dutch


I know y’all saying that musta been a good weekend, she ain't write about nothing till Tuesday! Well it was alright. I did see Guess Who on Friday with the roomies. We had a real family outing. The movie was extremely cute.

On Saturday, I went to the Q probate. Those poor kids looked like they were in so much pain. I was glad for them to finally come out. I have to give it to the Q's, they sure do support one another. There were like a thousand of em. Old and young, drunk and high. Tell me how EVERYBODY gone have a cup, sharin and pouring a "mysterious substance". It was out of control. The panties and drawers party ended like just about every other party. It has to be a sign that I should just quit goin to parties all together. Nothing good ever happens.

Sunday was of course, Easter. I did go to church, it was lovely. The pastor spoke about expectations. Tramaine Hawkins was the guest musician. For those of y’all who don’t know she first recorded ‘Goin up yonder’. She was awesome. After church, I felt so good that I decided I would cook Easter dinner. I had to call my mom up for some recipes. Everything was from scratch, that’s right FROM SCRATCH. Me and Theory got in the kitchen and was cookin up a storm. We made turkey and dressing, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, green beans (the only thing from a can), and a red velvet cake (ok, that was from a box) and it was GOOD! I was very proud of myself. I gotta take note that next time I can put more celery in the dressing and more relish in the potato salad, but it still was good. I’m coming along folks, but I still couldn’t cook like that every night. Maybe breakfast……

Larry and I experimented with celery since we had so much left over and we don’t really eat it. It was so gross; I don’t see how people eat raw celery. Ewwww.

And now I’m tryin not to have a stroke from all the stress Ima be under for the next three weeks. Its all papers and exams from here on. Pray for me. I’m surprised I had time to write this post, but you know I had to do it.

Last night I was talking to my homegirl Holly on IM. I was telling her that I was watching the Troop video from my page ‘Mamacita’.

Me: Look at those Jheri curls! What were we (we meaning black people) thinking? I’m glad I never had one.
HollyJuice: Yeah me too. The closest I ever came was a straw set.
Me: At least it wasn’t juicy.
HollyJuice: Remember when I did that straw set on your hair freshman year? That was so ghetto, we used a blow dryer.
Me: Not ghetto, resourceful. We had to use what we had. We did steal all those straws from the café tho….. That was ghetto.


Aww good times…..*sigh* Well stay outta trouble! Hopefully I’ll get back soon to drop some knowledge on ya.

2 comments:

  1. You all are funny and i remmber that!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's my qoute! "i'm not ghetto, just resourceful."

    ReplyDelete