Friday, July 29, 2005

Who's kids are these?

A thought came to me last week. I can't remember what I was doing or why it came to me, but I was thinking I would be ok if I didn't have kids. I know what it was! I was watching Girlfriends and it was that episode where Joan broke up with Brock her supposed "Soul Mate" because he told her he didn't want kids. He was talking about all the things they could do instead of having kids. When they wanted kids around they could baby-sit and when they didn't the kids could go home.

I just remember thinking she's so stupid! She's in love and happy with a man who loves her and wants to marry her with no real major flaws. Things could change. And lookin at Joan's history, she might not have too many other chances plus she's kinda gettin up there, she may not be able to have kids in couple years.

Also Joan has other issues we won't get into right now.

I understand where Joan is coming from. I mean no one likes their choices taken away from them. It's one thing not wanting to have kids and not being able to have kids.

But I have decided it would be ok if I didn't have kids. If I was happy with just me and my husband, that's fine. I used to pity my aunt Kate because she never had her own kids. She practically raised me though. She was like my second mother. In fact her whole life she's been raising other peoples' kids. First her brothers and sisters, then her neices and nephews, and when she got married about 7 years ago, her husbands' four children from a previous marriage. But now I don't pity her anymore. I'm grateful for what she is to me. I pray I can be the same for my neice.

Now I'm not saying I don't want kids. I think it would be great to have kids. I'd like about five. And I've always wanted to be a grandma and pass down heirlooms. That would be the best part. I've been told I'd be a wonderful grandma because I already act like an old lady. But one of my fears is that I won't be a good parent. Can't worry about that though. If its the Lord's will that I have kids, then I pray that I am equipped to raise them well.

But you know what? Joan will probably get pregnant and marry William since they were in the bed together on last episode with their boring, non-sex appeal having selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment