Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Make it all better again

I had a wonderful outing. After my friends' father looked over my resume and I made some more adjustments, I took it to Hampton's Career Center to have it looked at one more time. You can never be too careful when it comes to your resume.

They told me to come back so I went to visit my people in admissions while I waited. I ended up staying and talking to Ms. Boyd, Director of Admissions. She is one of the sweetest people I know. As a matter of fact most of the people in the Admissions are beautiful people. No wonder the enrollment is going up. And with people like me recruiting for years, I know we're bringin mad money to HU. Even though Hampton has left a sour taste in my mouth, I still love my Admissions staff.

Anyway, she took a really thorough look at my resume, told what I needed to change and said, "Man, I wanna hire you." WELL if HU wasn't on my bad side right now or if I even wanted to stay in the city of Hampton, I would probaly consider it. I know what you're saying, "Beggars can't be choosers". But God has given me favor and if I'm gonna work somewhere it might as well be somewhere I want to be.

On the way back to my friends apartment I ran into a girl I see all the time. I remember her face everytime because I gave her her tour. She saw me and said, "I don't know if you remember me.....". And I said, "I definitely do" She said, "I came to Hampton because of you." I used to take that as a compliment, now I don't know. We had a conversation about what she was doing and what I'm doing, which ain't much. But it made me feel really good because she was smiling and she seemed to have her head on straight. I was really proud. Then she left me saying. "Thanks for bringing me to Hampton." I just pray her experience goes smoothly. Thank God for good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment