Monday, July 11, 2005

What to do?

Faith~Mesmerized



Well this was an interesting weekend full of ups and downs. I'm sure it would take too much time to go into detail, so I'll just put in the most interesting points. Went to this bar called McFadden's with my homie Holly. She was telling me she had such a good time there the last time she came because the black dudes there aren't interested in black girls anyway so you don't have to worry about gettin hit on.

What happened? We get hit on. This dude comes up to us, obviously drunk, trying to get to know us. I'd say he's about 50.....OK 40 and he comes to right under my bosom. Y'all know I don't go for the short ones or the old ones. He offers to buy me a drink, but I'm still workin on my second drink and I don't wanna 'owe' him anything.

He starts whispering stuff to Holly:
"I LOVE HERRRR! But she don't want me, she won't let me buy her a drink"
She tells him I'm married and tries to explain why I'm not wearing my ring. Holly: "You're funny! Like Bobby Brown!" He doesn't get it.
Holly lets him buy her a drink and I split hers. And he finally leaves but through out the evening he comes back like three more times. Then the kicker is when he proceeds to try and give me a lap dance. I would have been traumatized if I wasn't so tipsy that I was crackin up at the whole thing.

Why is it when you're not open to anyone, that's when people come around? I've got a lotta things on my mind right now including trying to live and I just stopped talking to someone I really cared about so anyone that comes around its just like 'Eh not interested'. I mean I'm human if someone fine is tryin to talk to me, Ima entertain the thought but in the end, its nothing. My friends are tryin to hook me up with guys and they have all the right credentials, but this would not be the best time to get into something. I would end up hurting them because I know I'm not all there.

Man, when I was chillin before where were all these men? Nowhere to be found! Just seems like a big set up. This happened to me last summer too. I met a great guy. He was nice, clean, cute and a gentlemen, but he didn't take my mind off this other guy who I was no longer involved with and it didn't work out.

Ahh well...I think its best if I'm on my own for awhile. That whole 'if you fall off the horse get back on' thing doesn't work for me. It only makes things worse.

We did spend some time with the neighbors yesterday. They bought food because they're bachelors and they figure since we're girls we can cook. Which is not true in all cases but in this case it is. I'm just getting back into cooking. t h e o r y pointed out to me that I stopped cooking once she moved in.

I was busy, OK?!

Luckily, their bad influence friends weren't there. I think Adrianne has a crush on one of 'em. Too bad his roommate is in love with her, that just makes things more difficult. This one has pretty teeth and he's too smooth for his own good. He has that cockiness she likes. Talkin bout a Love Triangle.

I finally got my CD's. My favorite song is on Tweets' new album Its me again, Cab Ride. Its got the theme from taxi in it, so cute. There's even a song called Where do we go from here. And a song describing me now. I'm done.


I’m in no need for love
Stretched this sister more than a mile
It’s not for me because there’s no trust in love, so I’m restin’ a while
How could u do me this way, love?I can’t recall how you made me smile
And I don’t have time to play (with ya)
If I see ya, make it worth my while
Until then... I'm done

No need for love
Unless it’s Mr., oh, Mr. Right (Mr. Right)
And only because
Mixin’ lust with love only mean a fight
Cuz there’ll be dues to pay (pay, yeah)
And most of all many sleepless nights
But that won't be today, no
Guess I’ll see ya, looove, it’s been nice
Until then...I'm done

When I get a new CD, I study it. From the producers to the writers to the lyrics. Turns out Tweets' real name is Charlene Keys. hmm. Its a good CD though.

Didn't think this entry would be this long......


1 comment:

  1. I think Vivian Green's "Vivian" would be a good CD for you to listen to...I am very biased, yes, because I plug it every chance I get. But I think you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete