Thursday, July 28, 2005

Gotta get away!

Lenny Kravitz-Where are we runnin?




So where is it your mind runs to?

Nowhere. My mind stays in the same place, its my body that does all the running.

If you can tell me where that's from I'll give you twenty cool points because obviously you pay attention.

I never can keep things the same. I need change or I'll go crazy.

In a three month span:

I've changed my room around at least once.
My room's not that big, its gettin kinda hard to think of new floor plans.

I've traveled out of state.
I call it running away, its good to change atmosphere. In fact I'm leaving tomorrow. I've been known to do it without telling anyone.

I change the people I'm around.
There are only like two or three people I can talk to everyday without them getting on my nerves. That includes phone time because I hate talking on the phone. I'm anti-social like that and I get bored easily.

I change my activities.
I get bored easily.

My hair changes every day.

Well what can I say? I get bored.

I moved around a lot when I was younger. We moved to five different states before Oklahoma. I've been in Oklahoma for the past 10 years including the four years I've been in college and in that time we've moved six times.

In the eighth grade I told my mom she was unstable and if she moved again, she could leave me because I wanted to finish high school in one place.

But as soon as I finished high school, I bounced. Clear across the country.

And now I don't think this is where I want to settle. But it looks like I might be here for awhile. So I guess I'll make the best of it. I'm not incapable of stability. I can do it.... I think. I've just never had stability in my life. Gonna take some getting used to.

I know where I get it from. My mama. She's the same way, she changes her living room every few months as well. I love her dearly and she's the best but that's where I get it. She had to do what she had to do to get by. Most of the time we had no other option.

It makes me think of this sermon where my pastor spoke about generational curses. Things that run in your family for generations. Most people think of cancer or alcoholism. I think instability is one of my generational curses and it has to stop here.

Life is change, but being unstable is not a life I want.

1 comment:

  1. I fell you kita I get bored on the phone too I can talk for about 1o minutes then its like ok ttyl

    love ya
    D

    ReplyDelete