Monday, May 09, 2005

This just makes it even worse

So I went up to the school today to see what the problem was and why they didn't let me walk with my class. I took my cousin Farah and her husband Jimmy because I know she got some fire in her and she wouldn't let them off easy. Everytime I think about the situation I get so mad the tears just start to flow and I can't get anything done like that. We go to the registrar just to make sure they have everything straight because online it says I was awarded.

The woman Jill Couper tells me I've been awarded since Friday, I should have been able to walke because they sent my degree over and everything. She says the person I should complain to is Dean Credle, the dean of the school of Business. So we ride over the School of Business. The office is closed which means I can't get my degree.

But Dean Credle is there.......


So we step into his office, explain the whole situation, then look at him like 'what you gone do?' He says he didn't know anything about the situation, if he had known he woulda just called me up to come to the stage so I could at least take the picture for my parents.

Thanks a lot now.

Apparently the people I had talked to who told me I couldn't walk in the ceremony had not alerted Dean Credle to the situation at hand.

If anything the woman who had known my situation should have been the most sympathetic. She knew I took the exam and passed, I called her when I was standing in line at the registrar to have them applied. She knew I ran all over to get those signatures. She was there from the very beginning and all she had to say was:

I'm sorry.

That's not good enough. I wanted to be in the ceremony with my classmates. I graduated in 2005. I should have been able to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment