Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sorry

I ain't got much to say.....Just tryin to kill time. Got any suggestions for things I can do while I'm at home instead of goin crazy? As I predicted, it feels like I've been here for 5 years instead of one week. Three more weeks to go. I'm still on the job hunt. Me and Tiff had a conversation about that.

Me: I need a car. Can you get a job without a car?
Tiff: Don't you think you need a place to live first?
Me: ......I could live in my car....As long as I could get to work.

Public transportation doesn't sit well with me. I guess its my spoiled nature. I'm sure one day I will have to buckle down and take the bus or something. Let's pray thats not the case. I'll even take a Geo Metro at this point.......

1 comment:

  1. hmm.. suggestions of things to do while you're at home...

    1. Go on public transportation into the city and wander anywhere. I always end up meeting interesting characters that way.

    2. Look really "scholastic" one day (u know with your seductive teacher glasses) and bring a book to Starbucks. Sip on one venti hot drink for a while during the business lunch hours. Make sure you have an interesting book. Maybe you'll catch another professional's eye. Be like- "Oh, and by the way, I have a bachelor's degree and I'm ready to work today!"

    3. Apply to work for a magazine. That way, you won't need a car. I'll drop you off on your first day at work and from then on, you pretty much just live there anyway. I bet they have comfy couches! [ooh, and I heard people who work at Google have nice work spaces and get free food!]

    4. See if Enterprise is hiring part time. Maybe they will feel pity for you and loan you a car. Then, use it to go to a full time job.

    5. Buy a lottery ticket. I will be praying for you. If you win, I want 10% due to my prayer.

    ReplyDelete