Saturday, April 02, 2005

SATURDAY

Yeah, yesterday was a long, long day. Starting at 5am when I woke up after maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep. It was Hampton University's annual High School Day. Which is basically what the Student Recruitment Team works all year toward. We had at least 6,000 extra people on campus yesterday. We had to keep them entertained, give tours and keep smiles on our faces the entire day. For the first half of the day I had to wear a suit and heels and I had nothing to do. So I grabbed some raffle tickets and these Relay for Life rubberband bracelets and started selling them. Then the day got better. People are so funny.

Lady: How much are the raffle tickets?
Me: One dollar.
Someone else (to the lady): What's the prize?
Lady: I dunno, but I love a good raffle. Give me five.

I had about a three hour break where I ate, enjoyed some music and picked up a high school boy. Yup sure did! He was 17, tall and cute as a button! He was my "lil sister's" real little brother and he hung out with me for a while. Milyaka stop calling me a pedophile, I was just showing him around.

Then came my big moment, what I had been preparing for the last 3 weeks. The afternoon program where the band plays, the greeks step and we give away stuff while the DJ plays. No one had shown up to any of the practices we'd had this week and everyone was late to the actual afternoon program. I was freakin out and I was pissed at the same time. But in the end everyone made it and everything turned out fine, so I know I should keep my cool next time.

I took a tremendous nap in my friends' room (she said I was snoring when she came in the room, sorry), got some food and I went to an on-campus party in our gym. It was ehhh aight. So my day began at 5am and ended at 3am. High school day is always like that for me and this was my last one. Awww, I had a great time. Just ask what I did last year, didn't get back till the sun came up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment