Sunday, April 03, 2005

On My Last Day


Queen Latifah & Al Green~Simply Beautiful





Teedra Moses has a song about her last day on earth.....I just wonder where that song came from. She lost her mother a while ago. When people close to you die it does give you an interesting perspective on life. Its so hard for me to think of death without crying, even though in Christian faith we believe that once you accept Christ you will have life everlasting. I'm still a baby in Christ so its gonna take me a second to get that concept. But its hard for me to imagine my life without the people who are with me in it. I find it hard to even complete this post without crying. When I was younger, I did wonder what it would be like if I died. Who would cry. Who wouldn't. Is that a selfish thought?

You know what I do believe is selfish? Suicide. Its the most selfish thing you can do. Someone does look forward to hearing from you each day and if the Lord decides to take you then we know thats the way of the world, but to just take your own life just because you think its too hard to live.......I mean we all have it bad, some worse than others at times, but if you dwell on the negative that's all you will be able to see. You need to have faith so that you know that even when times are hard, things eventually will get better. Life is just hard in general, that's why you have family and friends. They make life worth living. At least for me they do. But if you don't have friends that make you feel that way, you need to get some new ones. Trust me, you gone need em.


But its hard for me to think about what I want to be doing on my last day on Earth. I wanna have a long conversations with my best friends talking about old times. I wanna be able to pass heirlooms to my grand-children and great-grandchildren. I want the sun to shine. I want to be satisfied with my life. I pray that God finds me fit to be in Heaven. I want to listen to my favorite songs. I want everyone to know how much I loved them, even though they could never possibly know the magnitude of my love for them. Yeah, I know its gonna be a sad day, but I don't want it to be an empty day.



No comments:

Post a Comment