Monday, September 11, 2006

Transitions, transitions

This is such an interesting time. Everytime I think I know myself, I learn something new. That of course is because everyday I'm growing and changing. But the more I get to know myself the more I like me. Yes its all about me, myself, I because this is MY blog. But first and foremost its about God. And since I was created in the image of God the more I like myself, the more I like Him. Amen? Amen.

Since it is September 11, I shall take this day to say Happy Birthday to my Auntie Kate. She'll never read this, but I still wanna do that. Also, I was recapping where I was on the infamous day in 2001 to my co-workers this morning.

As a freshman at Hampton University, I remember exactly what I was doing that day. I had just returned from my 8 am gym class and I was about to take my shower. I turned on my lil 13 inch television to see the smoke coming from those two buildings. The thing that shocked me most was that all they kept showing was those planes going straight into those buildings over and over and over again. It was like my eyes zoomed into that tiny TV. I remember being able to see people jumping from the building and I couldn't believe they were showing this on TV.

Being in VA, there were some students who lost their parents, friends and relatives. I didn't have anyone in either of those places. But this day was a sign of the times for me. I felt compelled to tell my newfound friends that this is not a joke. The end times are near. I'm walking on campus crying, telling them they need to be saved. I was like,"I just met you guys, I don't want to lose you." I think they sorta patted me on the back, trying to comfort me. But it wasn't about the tears, I wish I hadn't cried at all, it was about what I was saying. Jesus is coming back real soon. It's about your souls.

I think that's one thing my friends remember about me freshman year. I was on fire when I came to school. Over the years, I fell off, backslid, did a lotta things I shouldn't have. All of it was stuff I thought I wanted to do. And not to glorify sin or anything but I had a really good time. But it didn't last and my sad times took me to a place I don't ever want to be again. Thank God, once again, I didn't die in my sin. Ain't no coming back from that. So today, I wish I had been a better example. But you can only lead people as far as you've gone.

And I was mad young, only a baby in Christ with babe-like enthusiasm. Oh boy, I was about to go real deep in this...... but I'ma stop. For now. I had planned to lay out my testimony on here one day. The real story. Where I reached my turning point and everything. I just haven't done it yet. Still not hiding it, if you ask I'll tell.

But I finally feel like I'm getting an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment