Monday, September 04, 2006

That's life

I went to my grand-parent's 50th anniversary thing this weekend. It was great. I had a really good time. Getting reconnected with my aunts, uncles and lil cousins, there's nothing like it. One of my lil cousin's told me that me and sister just left them. We used to visit all the time and then we just stopped. When my parent's got divorced we moved to Illinois then OK and didn't visit Memphis that much because my dad didn't have it together. And that was like 10 years ago. That's what divorce does. But anyway, now all the boys are tall, really tall and all the girls are lil divas. We had fun. And yeah, my speech on behalf of the grandchildren when well. I don't remember what I said, I improvised. Made my sister cry though.

These days, I have to say I feel really good. I find myself smiling for no reason. God's plan is becoming clearer and clearer. Next is the time of making decisions. Some are already being made for me. Some I will have to make. It's cool.


I tried out for the worship team for our college ministry BIO(Bring it on) called The Experience. I made it. Yay me! The kicker is they want me to sing soprano. I'm an alto. I've always been an alto and at times a tenor. Soprano? Are you kidding me? I guess its time for me to stretch. I have been pretty lazy. Picking the lowest note I could find. Sitting pretty in my range. This oughta be interesting. Cole's pretty happy though. She's a natural soprano. When he asked what part I sing, she shouted out, "Soprano!". I was like, "Nuh unh, alto, second alto, tenor. Thank you." They just pullin me out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment