Thursday, September 07, 2006

Can I wear boots now?

My mind is going in a couple different directions today. By now everyone is aware of the new facebook feeds. It has taken stalking to a whole nother level. However, I don't feel like they're invading my business or putting it out there on the street. Whatever is in those feeds is stuff I've already put out there for everyone to see. So stalk away people! I mean I already have a blog where I tell most of my business anyway.

Plus being a closet facebook stalker myself, its just made easier for me. It's still kinda wierd though, they giving me info that I didn't even ask for. Kinda takes the fun out of searching for stuff.

I'm anticipating practicing with the worship team next week. I haven't seriously listened for parts or harmonized in a very long time. Me and Cole sing, but mostly we play around. I love music so much. We were talking about being the female Neptunes. We sing and dance where ever we go. It never fails. Someone starts singin, next someone's making a beat.And we don't half step. We go all out. If you saw us in the mall, you'd be in for some entertainment.

I've been a fan of this site called pandora.com. You can put an artist or song in and they suggest songs like that song or artist. Well I put in Donny Hathaway and oh boy. I was so surprised at all the songs I know. I feel so old. My parents musta been playing this stuff while I was in the womb. It's so funny listening to Donny live and hearing ladies screaming in the background.

I must point this out though, that most great singers started out in the church. Under the anointing is where the gift flows. Donny started singing at 3 years old! And killed himself 30 years later. It's so sad. Don't allow the devil to take you out. Some people continue to flourish outside of the church but its short-lived. What do you have when people stop listening to you? If you sing to the Lord, you always have an audience.

I can't listen to secular music only. I feel empty after a while. When we listen to worship music or sing praise, the Bible says God inhabits our praise. He sits in on our praise. If you want God in your life, sing praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment