Saturday, June 04, 2005

Moving ON!!!

This has been a day of nothing but excitement! For the past few days I have been working at my cousin's clothing store/hair salon while she's been out of town. Don't judge, it works. We been having a sidewalk sale because the shopping center is separated by a parking lot that makes it hard to notice the salon therefore making it harder for customers to just stop by.

It's amazing what you see while just sitting on the street. I witnessed a 3 car hit and run, an ambulance passed us 5 times, one of those times was for someone seemed to have fainted at the bus stop across the street and the ambulance came to revive them, our tent fell three times due to the ferocious tornado winds of Oklahoma so we were forced to move our sidewalk sale closer to the salon.

My cousin's battery died while I was there so I had to take her car to Wal-Mart to get a new one. I felt visually assaulted by the horrific teeth of the mechanic and booth of the cashiers in th auto center. I'm telling you folks, they were the worst I've ever seen. All rotted and black....

My mama said she was gonna teach me how to play Bid Whist so that I could teach my friends. YAY!

Still ready to get back, heard from a few more jobs, my friends are ready for me to get back too.

I bought 112's new CD Pleasure and Pain. They do not disappoint. Sounds like more pain than pleasure. Just looking at some the song titles will tell you:
  • Let this go
  • Damn
  • What If
  • Last to Know
  • I'm Sorry
  • My Mistakes
  • Why Can't We Get Along
  • What the Hell Do You Want?

Yeah, it gets serious. More soulful songs than sexy songs like they usually do. I like it, but I still want my Hot and Wet. There's one song that's always in my head and I wanna hear it!

Oh wow, I have so much to say that I can't write about right now. I gotta remind myself to write about me and my sisters' daycare interview and my inspirational quotes from Tiff and friends.

Speaking of which, stuff just pops up in my head that she and others have said to me. She calls us 'sleepers' because when people see us around each other we act so goofy we seem ditzy, we even joke that we have our blonde moments, but sometimes we sneak up on ya with that knowledge and leave you stunned. Gotta love it.

"Because you're grown now consider anything anyone does for you "extra""
which goes along with Kiana's quote, "Don't rely on anyone for anything." And I try to keep what my cousin Farah has told me, "Silence does not always keep the peace, it just prolongs the war." (or something like that) and her talks with me about ambition. I love Farah,she's like the big sister I never had (a nice one) but sometimes she be goin overboard. Me and Milyaka would be visiting her and just as we're about to leave she'd be like "Make sure you lock your doors, I heard there's a rapist out and he pulling people out at stop lights." Or, "Don't y'all go to clubs, you might touch a glass and get an STD." Or somethin like that.

Man I love my family. They are soooo crazy. We sittin at my uncles' house talkin. My uncle Otis has to act out the whole story from the very beginning and imitate every single character in the story. This is the person you wanna be with on a road trip. He'll make you forget how long you was on the road.


Right now he's tellin his possum story. One time at my grandma's house in Arkansas, he was takin a nap on the couch and woke up with a possum playin in his ear. He jumped up a yelled, "WHAT THE @#$@?!" Something he would never normally do with my grandma sittin right there. And all my grandma said was, "Kill it." He sat up on the arm of the couch with his back on the wall and couldn't sleep the whole night.

Ever since she got a cane, my grandma learned to work that cane like a samurai sword! She could kill a possum with two slaps! WHAP! WHAP! Its over!

On a side note: I think being at home has made my accent come back thicker. I even sound country to myself! Ahh well thats my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment