Sunday, June 26, 2005

Good Times, Good Times

I love how Jon B’s new CD begins:
Feels like nothing’s gonna stop me now, getting better and stronger everyday.

You know how sometimes you have those days or weeks of doubt, deep depression or just feeling down? Even I, the ultimate optimist goes through this sometimes. I went through that last weekend. I’ve been dealing with some things on my own for a while now and it all just came down on me at once. But I was surprised to find out that I was not the only one going through a valley like this.

Depression makes you so self-involved that you can’t see that other people around you are having problems too. If I could have just looked around maybe we would have been able to lean on each other. Being depressed is such a waste of time! Thank God I have great friends who won’t let me stay down. Reminding me that my faith is stronger than these obstacles. Telling me that they are there for me. They made me promise that I wouldn’t hold it in for so long the next time something is bothering me.

It ain’t that easy. I’ve been doing things by myself for so long that that’s what I’m used to doing. I handle things by myself. And I don’t like to bother people when I need stuff. What I have learned is that you have to let the people who care about you know when you are having issues or it looks like you are pushing them away. But my friends are sooooo hard headed and they wouldn’t allow themselves to be pushed away.

I realize that I am a work in progress. I will continue to make mistakes. Sometimes the same mistakes. Hopefully I will be prepared next time. I’m sure I will get depressed again but Ima try not to let it get me down as badly as it did. I keep in mind all the lectures I’ve gotten from my friends and I may actually listen this time guys!

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
Proverbs 12:25

No comments:

Post a Comment