Sunday, June 05, 2005

Who knew?

Yesterday, when I was talkin about those 'tornado winds' messin up our sidewalk sale I didn't realize they might actually be tornado winds. Hey this is Oklahoma....Later on that night the wind picked up. In some parts of Tulsa it was 90 mph! This morning we woke up and saw trees lying all over the streets. Our power has been out since last night. My mom, sister, niece and I had to go to my aunts' house. Have you ever taken a shower by candle light? It's actually kinda nice...romantic even. I might try that some other time.

I had to hang up on Tiff yesterday. She was jokin on Oklahoma. I may hate it here but at least I have a reason. You can't talk about a place you've never been. And the media makes it so much worse by perpetuating the stereotypes people already have about the state.

How come all the people that make it onto reality shows from OK are from the tiniest towns that have no black people and they always live on a farm? No, I ain't got no cows! I don't live on a farm. My neighbor is just 10 feet away. So don't let the accent fool you, I live in a city. It may not be metropolitan city, but its a city.

Me and my niece Araia hung out a lil bit today. We went to Borders and she helped me pick out a book for my plane ride back to VA. She picked Love by Toni Morrison. That girl is such an advanced six month old!

This lady came up to her talkin about how cute she is. Araia looked at the lady and looked at me like 'Am I supposed to talk to her?'

No comments:

Post a Comment