Saturday, April 08, 2006

Everything happens for a reason

I am in the process of a reformation. I realize how off-putting, how rude, how spoiled I've been and I am changing. I was a mean girl and I still have my moments. But even in trying not to be mean or insensitive, I stopped speaking up for myself. Now in preparing to be submissive, I in no way plan to be a doormat. I've been there. I refuse to live my life that way. Theres a fight in you for a reason. Too many times, I let my fight go. And sometimes I've had put the fear in some people. Sometimes you have to let people know you can be a lil crazy just so they don't walk all over you. But in those instances you are actually crazy. Is it worth it? I'd rather be a crazy lady than get played as I have been. But why should it even have to come to that? Why must I get crazy to get some respect?

I read something about submission today. Submission is an act of faith. A wife's obedience is not from intimidation but a quiet confidence which is the fruit of trust in God. 1 Peter 3:1-7 and Ephesians 5:22 calls for the woman to submit to her husband and the husband is charged to lovingly give himself to caring for his wife, never exploiting the trust of her submission. I like that, NEVER exploiting.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. ~James 3:17

Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.~1 Corinthians 15:33

Let's avoid one another without appearing to do so.

Oh yes, its time for a reformation. I've been misinterpreted most of my life, even by those closest to me. But now I will be perfectly clear about what I mean and who I am. It's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment