Monday, April 10, 2006

Community Service

When I first got here I believe I was complaining that I didn't know anyone here. And now I rethinking that whole thing. See without any friends, that would mean I didn't have any obligations to hang out with people, remember birthdays, or call people. I was free. Now I've met some people through church, reunited with some high school friends and so now I've become obligated. I was afraid this would happen. I started to get comfortable in my solitude. Isn't that lazy?!

I went to a birthday party of a girl I met at church. She's invited me to be in her discipleship group they call your Twelve (like Jesus' twelve disciples). So I get there and am immediately thrown into decorating and errand running for the party. I call it my initiation into the Twelve. Of course I didn't really know anyone there except for the birthday girl. Everyone else I'd only seen at church or had never seen them before in my life. I got my mingle on, we played Taboo, which y'all know it my game. I had to keep my competitive nature to a minimum since I didn't know these people, y'all know how I can get. No one got hurt this time, my team won both times. Oh it was a great time.

Then today church was off the chain. We had a guest speaker, preaching a message on how important it is to actually come to church. Not look at it on the internet. Not watch it on TV. Not hold Bible study luncheons instead of goin to church. He subtitled it "Get in the HOUSE". It was so great that I could have stayed in church a couple more hours.

After church I went to my friends' house and went grocery shopping with her mother while talking business. It's funny, everytime I tell someone I have my Marketing degree, they tell me about a business they're starting and how they need a marketing person. Well I'm just waiting on someone to give me an opportunity. I love her mom though. She's a powerful woman of God and you just wanna sit there and soak up all she has to say. I'm excited to work with her.

Both nights I got in pretty late. I bet my fam was sayin, she gets some friends and now she ain't never home. You got that right buddy!

So I'm getting out of my comfort zone, meeting new people, becoming involved and making a difference. Yup, this'll be interesting.

Ah yes, today is the celebration of my bestest true blue friends! Welcome to your almost mid-twenties BUNNY!!!! Hope your birthday is 100 times better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment