Sunday, March 12, 2006

Superwoman is in the house!

So....my 23rd birthday was yesterday. I got more birthday wishes than I've ever gotten thanks to facebook. I feel loved, but I sort of think that facebook has made us lazy. People don't even pick up the phone anymore. No card, just a lil message. I guess I should be greatful for the thought and I am. Even though I can't help but wonder if they felt pressured to say 'Happy Birthday' because they'd been reminded of it everyday for the last 4 days....Sometimes I feel that pressure. Some people called AND left messages, that was nice. Even though my phone was dead half the day, I still got the voicemails.

The day was not the greatest, definitely one for the books though. I didn't know I had it in me to be so strong. But right now, I don't have the energy to describe it all. Let's just say you wouldn't have wanted to be me on my birthday.

I did have one birthday surprise. Tiff sent Bobo, my love, back to me.



Now, I'm not alone in Tulsa. Just in time. Thanks Tiff.

Dear Bobo,
I missed you. Life has not been the same without you. It shall be full of bliss now that we are one.


*sigh*

I know, yeah, I'm a lil touched. Keeps me entertained. I'm not too keen on the name Bobo. It's not really that creative. I would have expected more from you Tiff!

I'm still fighting this cold or whatever it is. I hate being sick.

Sorry for ruining Project Runway for ya, Sleepy. You should still see the finale, its worth it.

What's with all these real curse words on regular cable? It's kinda scary, there's like no sense of decency anymore.

I started watching that show Black.White where to two families trade races. Why is the white girl prettier as a black girl? She seems to be having the most fun though.

4 comments:

  1. Yes I got it! It was beautiful and I'm gonna call you. I tried to call you back, but it didn't work while you were in Florida. Where's the cash, yo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry for missing your birthday alots been goin on and I feel like Ive switched phone more in the last two months than ever b4 but I hope you had a good one. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to add that I wasn't going to change it. It's been to many years now. So there!! Happy now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late, I know. Just wanted to wish you a belated happy 23...rd (this is not my jealousy rising forth) and no worries on the finale. With all the viewers and fans, I would have heard it from somewhere. I think my sister mentioned it as well, just after I read it here.

    I try to stay up for "Black. White." but that's my bedtime, so I watch a little. The white girl makes me laugh, but it is encouraging to see her trying to fit in and embracing a different culture. The slam poetry effort was too much! She had me laughing with that.

    I like the black guy, but I wish he would ease up on the white guy trying to be black. He keeps saying "Bruno doesn't get it", really wanting him to have a negative experience in makeup. But it's true. Just because one black man says "Oh, I've never had a shoe salesman touch my feet", doesn't mean he is going to the right shoe store. You go to an upscale kind of place (like a shoe store in Pasadena) and people will make an effort because they know you will spend the money, regardless of your color. Money is green. Not black or white.

    Bobo, hmm? :) I guess we all gotta have our loves. I just wish mine would quite being such an English pain in the...

    ReplyDelete