Monday, March 27, 2006

She's a maanniacc, maaniaacc

I have to say that a day does not go by where my neice ceases to amaze me. She is incredibly different than any other kid I know. I mean if she knew more words she would probably be telling me how to do things around here and she already tries. I love to just watch her because she finds stuff to do. And whatever she can't do, she'll get someone bigger to do it for her.

I wanna keep a camera on hand at all times because she's always doing these grown up poses. I don't know where she got them. That one hand on the wall leg crossed move, she's got a flirty pose, and that infamous black girl pose. It's so funny to watch.

Yeah now its finally weird to say my age maybe its time to start saying, 'I'm in my 20's' . Then I'll be 30ish, 40ish, 40ish, 40ish for as long as that works. Then by 80 I'll start telling my real age because by then its a real accomplishment.

I was at the doctor's office with my mom and this lil 4 yr old boy became enamored with me. (It's always the young ones) His grandmother started to tease 'He's got a girlfriend now. He thinks he's your age. How old are you? 17? 18?' I say, 'No, I'm 23'. She says, 'Oh you look good for your age.'

Good for my age? WOW. I guess that's better than saying you look young for your age....

Eventually, he got a hold of some Legos and forgot all about me. The story of my love life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment