Friday, February 17, 2006

When you see that sign, you betta yield

I been goin goin goin lately. I'm working with my cousin at her hair salon. We're working on a plan to organize the business and increase sales. So I'm half working for her, half working as her partner because she's given me a lotta control. My main battle is getting her on some type of schedule because time management is a big problem for her. This woman does not know the meaning of "on time". If she tells me she's on her way it could be anywhere between half an hour to three. You never can tell...BUT you know you have at least 30 mins.

Man, so many things have come into my mind lately. Like how I am not a teenager anymore. Funny it took me almost three years to get that in my head. Just yesterday I felt it. The generation gap. I look at my cousins and I see I am not in that generation. I here myself thinking things like where do these kids get this stuff? We did not do that when I was in high school! And if we did, we were much more under wraps about things...These kids are wild. I am officially, like, old. I've always had an old soul, but I felt young. Now, I'm feeling the adulthood. Maybe its just maturity.

This begins my week of travel. We are going to Arkansas to check on my grandmother. Pray for us on that. My mom's been really introverted about this whole thing. She doesn't disclose her feelings to anyone or at least not me. I've been trying to ask her about it, so that she doesn't keep everything in. Now my grandma has not been doing well and this is the way I think of it: If she feels like she is ready to leave this Earth, I don't want them to keep her on machines against her will. Of course I never want my grandma to die, but that's just not reality. I just pray God's will be done.

When we leave AR to come back here, I leave for VEGAS! Exciting I know...
So I need to pack. Thank God I'm getting away from this bitter cold weather! And I should really go to bed because I have to wake up early in the morning. SO this is it for awhile. I'll send any updates through Tiff. Like if I see any starrrahss.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Your cousin must know my stylist. I had this problem the other day. I thought for sure she was not going to show, considering she told ME what time I should be there. Goodness... I am keeping my hair in order though. Happy it is healthy and being noticed, compared to what it was like not that long ago. Hoping I can maintain it.

    I will keep your grandmother in my thoughts and prayers. My grandmother is over here (she doesn't live in the States - she isn't from here - but she has been staying at my mother's several months now) and she told me the other day about taking a nasty spill on her walk. She cut herself up very badly. Thank God she is healing.

    Lastly, enjoy Vegas. I can't guarantee the weather, I know it was chilly when I went a few weeks back, but probably very unlike what you are accustomed to. And laugh at the new Hooters hotel if you pass by it, wondering what will be next.

    ReplyDelete