Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So good

Just as I thought God confirmed what I was going through in church on Sunday. Bishop Gary preached on "Setting the gates of praise". God is so on-time. That's why I know this church is for me.

This is my mindset nowadays on changes in life.

If I get fired. GREAT! Friends walk out of my life. AWESOME! People talk about me behind my back. WONDERFUL!

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool where I am. I don't wish that any of those things would happen to me, but they do. My job is cool, but if I was to lose it it wouldn't be the end of the world. I honestly cherish all the people in my life and am still working on making these relationships better. Every single one. BUT, I can't control what they do, only what I do. And sometimes I make wrong decisions. So I work on me and go on in life. When one door closes, another opens.

God just says,"Don't worry bout that, I got something better for you."

So that's how I stay happy. As long as I keep working towards God, I have no worries. It ain't easy staying there, but its more than possible.

I'm preparing to go out of town for the weekend. My grandparent's 50th anniversary in Memphis (Dad's parents). They nominated me to speak....who nominated ME? My sister's the oldest grandchild. I haven't even seen my grandfather in.... its been a while. And I saw my grandmother at my other grandmother's funeral, but before that it had been some years. I still don't know what to say. I figure 50 years, say something about longevity. Yeah?

Good 50th anniversary presents anyone? Cus my favorite gift to give is either what that person has told me they want or gift cards. That way they don't get stuck with something they'll never wear or use.

It's bout time for a change of scenery. I hate that I'ma miss church...but not mad that I'ma miss work!

No comments:

Post a Comment