Sunday, July 03, 2011

Practice doesn't make perfect

So I follow a match maker on Twitter named Paul C Brunson. He put out this summer challenge to ask out 10 people in a month's time. Well while I would never do that it did seem like an interesting way to meet people. Well one night while talking with my friends one of them confessed that she has never been comfortable around men or on a date. So we decided to take on the challenge for one night. We would go out and find guys to take bowling.

I don't ask guys out. I'm pretty traditional in that sense. The other reason I don't ask guys out is I was really shy around guys for years. Until I got to college and like a butterfly from a cocoon, I decided it was time to spread my wings. However, my new found confidence didn't keep me from being nervous about this challenge.

So we went out with a mission...and found nothing. We didn't even talk to one guy. But I went with a willing heart and I think that's saying something. What? I'm not all that sure yet. The whole thing was mainly to get my friend out of her comfort zone with the male species. But who knows, maybe the reason we didn't find anyone was because we went looking. *message*

It was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment