Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm a waiting child

So the cats out of the bag. I am without a 12 group or leader and have been so since my last leader moved out of town. Now for those of you who don't know my church functions through discipleship groups. Every one has a leader and is in a group from my pastor to all the teens. Or they should be. It comes from the great commission in Matthew 28:19 where Jesus said go into all the world and make disciples. Well it starts at home.

Anyway, this next leader will be the 4th group I have been in. I guess I'd been tired. I made all the excuses and they were good ones too. For example, I just don't want to jump in any group just to say 'I'm in a group'. It's like finding a new family and that's not to be taken lightly. As well as this is a people group who will pour into your life which also is not to be taken lightly.

Plus, I am a person who is committed. Once I become invested in a thing I'm all in. I really didn't feel like visiting people's groups and for a lack of a better word putting myself out there. It's like dating. I don't want to lead anyone on. I want to feel a good connection. And I've never been able to be a real player. Once I like a person, I'm not thinking about anyone else.

And this morning while reading my Word I came across this verse in Psalms 68:6 God sets the lonely in families.

So I'm trusting you Lord and I know you will place me in the right family.

No comments:

Post a Comment