Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Beginnings

Well to start this post off I have to give a little background information, so that you're able to follow whenever I talk on the subject. At my church we follow what is called the vision of 12. It just does exactly what Jesus did and is based on the Great Commission "go into all the world and make disciples". So in following that commission every is expected to have a cell group we call our 12. I am in a 12 and I have a 12.

Well I have one and it took me 3 yrs to get that one. Last night I realized just how much of a responsibility it was to have that one. I mean I think I realized it years ago which is why it took me so long to even open myself up to having person in my group. And I have heard people call their groups their spiritual sons or daughters, but I didn't think.......Wow, it just hit me last night that I feel like a mother. Never did I realize that I would be raising a 20 yr old, but she is also a baby in Christ. To take her through the steps of spiritual growth is so eye-opening. I am constantly thinking back to where I was at her age. Six years doesn't seem like a huge gap, but we are like eons apart. I've been told I'm even mature for my age so that like doubles the age difference.

She is totally a blessing to me. Thank God that she actually listens and values my opinion. Not only that she is concerned and cares for me. Although it has taken us a while to get to a place of complete trust and openness which is to be expected I am so honored that God has trusted me with such a precious gift. Now I understand how a parent feels. I'm proud when she does well, I discipline when needed, I love at all times. Wow...Its amazing.

1 comment: