Wednesday, September 21, 2005

life is funny

I recently got reconnected to this kid I knew from middle school. Actually the first time after middle school was a couple years ago. He’d found me on BP and we started chatting from then. The whole scenario was really cute because we’d had crushes on each other but never told each other. Anyway, it ended up not working out with us because of the long distance aspect. He got a girlfriend and we “lost contact”. I respect that commitment he had to his relationship.

Now they’re broken up and he contacted me to tell he’s gonna be in my area because he’s an Ebony Fashion Fair model. He’s a handsome dude, but it turns me off when men have groupies. I’d hate to be mistaken for one. Nobody is that fine. Plus when we’d met after all that time there was no real spark between us. But he’s a real cool guy, a great conversationalist and a Christian who is actually trying to live his life for God. I know if I were to call him the things that most guys tend to say would never come out of his mouth. You know like when you’re talking to a guy he almost always find a way to say something vulgar or hit on you. I know I wouldn’t have to worry about that with him. He’s very respectful.

The point is since we exchanged numbers I have been able to have a complete conversation with him yet. When I call, he’s busy. When he calls, I’m busy. Now I feel like a stalker because I’ve gotten into the habit of calling when I’m bored and when he doesn’t answer it makes me wanna talk to him even more. I’m not even tryin to holla at him; I just wanna be his friend. For real. At this point in my life, I’m not even emotionally available for a relationship. I wanna know how the modeling world is, how is his walk with the Lord going, ya know regular stuff. Must be for a reason though. I’m learning not to force things. If things are meant to be they happen, if they aren’t they don’t. It’s as simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. i wish you well. he seems like quite the catch (and that he has a job is always a good thing), despite the presence of the constant "fan club" and all because of his industry... i commented a little further down in your entries as well, but i'll say i'm glad you are updating again and stay positive in your job.

    ReplyDelete