Friday, September 16, 2005

This is my life

Yeah, so I've been working at my job for about a month and a half now. Getting to know everyone, warming up to the atmosphere. There's so many women that work there and you know what happens when there's a lotta women in one place. Gossip. Drama. And I have noticed there's a whole bunch of that. I'm new and I think I know too much about everyone that works there.

When I first started working there, there was one girl I immediately clicked with. She's sooo funny. The downside to her personality is that she's very dramatic. Everything is at level ten. But lately things have been really hard for her. I honestly believe that she is part of the reason I'm working at this job.

The other day she found out that I was gonna be promoted soon and from that moment on she stopped talking to me. I had this on going battle in my head. I felt bad for her because looking at it from her point of view, she's been there for a year, I've only been there a month and I'm getting promoted. But she can't take that out on me. Look at it from my situation. I've got a degree and people are already asking why I'm working there in the first place. I better be going places or something's wrong.

We talked about it and she's cool. She's just frustrated with her situation and I understand. Life is hard. Period.

But now I know I gotta watch my back at work and let them know I'm not to be played with. People will turn on you in a minute especially when they try to be your best friend right off the bat.

1 comment:

  1. i was going to say i know all about that situation - being her. it's just so rough when you see someone successful and you think you're doing everything right, but things aren't going as you would like them to. right now i've been on the job hunt for two weeks - i have a degree like yourself. but my industry is entertainment and it's so, so competitive. it's hard to see younger people than myself (i'm only 26, but that's old in comparison with some of the kids coming out of school this past june) moving up more quickly and i seem to be stuck.

    you can't let her or any of them get to you. i know you're too strong a person to deal with any of that nonsense though. i'm glad you've been updating.

    ReplyDelete