Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wife em up

This one here's for my girl Cole who's sitting at work with nothing to do but wait for my blog to come back into circulation.

I've been thinking this over for a while. ever since my girl Tiff sent me a convo between her and my big bro from college.

Him: our promise back at Hampton if we are still single at 30 we gettin married. :-)

Tiff: U said Kita, not me..."Kita's wife material".. "Kita would make a good wife"lol..

Him:well she also lives over 500 miles away. I'm just thinking rational here, work with me now.

Cracked me up. Then she told me how there were others saying I was wife material. I wonder what wifely qualities they saw in me at college. Was it the way I dropped it like it was hot at the parties? Was it how I didn't speak? Or maybe it was the way I was loyal to those who had minimal interest in me.

Yeah I don't know what it could have been. But somehow it must be unattractive to be considered wife material these days. Clearly I'm still in a waiting phase. I, like majority of women wanted to be married by 25. And with my birthday a little over 6 months away, it doesn't seem like its gonna happen right away. Unless I meet him tommorow.... It could happen people have some faith! Faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen. I'm definitely hoping and not seeing... yet.

It's no one's fault. Ok... I'll take a lil blame. I could be nicer to men in general. But I refuse to lower my standards.

In the meantime, while I'm supposedly waiting, I'll get busy. I ain't got nothing else to do. How bout I build my credit? Go on a real vacation? Chill. Get some patience.

I rather not talk about being single all the time, but there's no way to avoid it. I think I shall be an open book with nothing to hide. Send me all your single, saved woman inquiries. How am I making it? Just like an alcoholic in rehab... one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job errn!!!!! And im on lunch reading this;)

    ReplyDelete