Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It took me a minute to formulate an entire blog in my head. I got one. So it looks like I won't be going to Hampton's Homecoming this year. I am kinda bummed. Even if I had the money to go (which I don't), I still wouldn't be able to take the time off. It's a blackout week at work. In fact I can't request off until next year. Since I got my promotion, the position does not allow us to take that time off. So I won't be seeing my Hampton people unless they come visit me.

When I found out I wouldn't be able to go this memory came back to my mind. Last year when I was in Hampton there was an older lady and she told me, When you leave you'll come back for homecoming, but not the first year after. I tried to make it happen. In the end it wasn't meant to be.

My phone is sorta on a break til Friday. The first week I guess they were giving me a chance because I could recieve calls, but not make them. Which I guess was kinda cool. Now I can't do anything. It'll be paid on Friday.

I'm so proud of my mom, she's getting the motivation to take some accounting classes. Which I've said she should do for years. She's a financial genius. The only reason we've ever made it through the years other than God.

Excited about doing more at work. I'm realizing there's a lot more involved in this position than just going to work. I'm going to have to actually study.

4 comments:

  1. Thats Sprint New thing They did that to me also and I got through it it was hard. I miss you and and if I go By your blog I would say it sounds like your doing ok

    Love
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Danielle! I miss you too! When are you coming back through OK? Perhaps we can take another road trip next year. I'm doing great though. As soon as I get reconnection, I'm callin you. Get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww damn. I wish you were going to Homecoming. That just gives me a bit of motivation to succeed more so I can finally visit Oklahoma. You've already visited, it's my turn now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kita I'll miss you at homecoming this year! When you phone gets put on call me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete