Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

So this was a little different for me. Emotionally at least. I think a few years ago I realized that it was a waste of time being bitter about being single on Valentine's day. Also I heard myself complaining a few days ago and I got sick of it. I told God that I'ma quit complaining about being single. I know what He promised me and it's done. So no I didn't have any plans tonight, but I was super excited to watch Glee.

One thing that does help things is that my office is major ego booster. I work with majority men who are extremely sweet but mostly way older and/or taken. Which helps in two ways: they are used to the female species and aren't goofy jerks. One of my co-workers asked if I was doing anything tonight. I told him no. And he says 'what do you mean? You don't have guys knocking down your door?' I said, absolutely not. He said, 'I don't know what's wrong with guys, you're an amazing person!' Well  that's just stuff I can put in my pocket for a rainy day and its always nice to hear.

So for now I'm cool with my circumstances. Nothing spectacular about this day, but it wasn't disappointing either. Therefore, I can look forward to better days and continue to appreciate those who are in my life right now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me cousin (: another day to be thankful for at least you've grown in a year and your perspective has changed. you win. (: happy vday sweet fam! plus, half the people in relationships at this time arent happy anyways they just want a hook up and a good time stand firm and with a patient heart, wait <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know @NYRoyal19 kinda went thru something like this. I think it's a hard future to see without the thing you've always thought would be natural to happen. We play house as children make statement like "my husband, my wedding, my marriage" but the older we get it seems like its never going to happen. It's not school or a job, something we have to put effort to get an keep, it's another human being. Someone we don't mind being around for the next 50 years or so. I tried not to be jaded 26-29 now I'm focusing on how not be lonely with my forever singleness lol. Good luck Kita!

    ReplyDelete