Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Discipline

MAN I have been having the hardest time with this. I KNOW I have discipline in some areas. I have to! But this fast that I've started is making me think that I have NONE. I almost think it would have been easier had I chosen to fast from food rather than TV. Which is telling me that this is absolutely the right thing for me to fast from.

But I'm just bored at home. The last thing I want to do when I get home is work or read. I want to zone out in front of the TV or find out what everyone else is up to through FB and Twitter. I don't have cable, so social networks are basically how I find out about world events. Plus, its how I keep in touch with people. Some of my friends will mention me in a tweet before they will text or call me.

Well that's it for my excuses. CONFESSION TIME: I haven't exactly totally completely been done with the social networks...I have banned myself from TV shows and but I've watched a movie or two. This is hard! Because although I can go to sleep in silence, I need some kind of constant noise. I'll try music...

Oh well, keep me in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment