Thursday, September 09, 2010

The risk taker

So right now as we speak I'm on a bus on the way to New York. Its my first time so I have no idea what to expect. I've always been one of those rebels who really didn't care about the Big Apple. I didn't really have a desire to see it up close and personal. To tell you the truth seeing it on tv or in the theater was just fine for me. But fashion duty calls and I'm answering.

Funny thing is I was getting my hair done a couple days ago and my cousin who is also my hair stylist says: I think you've been playing it too safe. Do you think you take enough risks? And I'm thinking: What are you trying to say? I'm a sensible person. I like to take into account the pros and cons of a thing before I do it. I used to be the kind of person who would do things on a whim. Some of those things were just plain stupid. Like jumping on some strangers motorcycle just because I wanted to ride one. So for me, this trip to NY, though carefully planned is taking a risk for me.

Plus while getting my hair done I've been goin progressively more red in hair color over time. Well this time I didn't get any blonde in my hair and when she put the red over the blonde I had in my hair, it turned a bright red. There's no blending into a crowd with this hair color. So I guess she decided she would help me out with the risk taking. Trust me, I can rock it but I probably wouldn't have on my own.

So here's to taking some risks. I've got my mace in one hand and my sanitizer in the other. New York here I come!

Btw I really love Tiff's lil mini computer. I'm definitely getting one of these.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! NY is not that bad... hehehe. You'll love it, miss fashionista.

    ReplyDelete