Thursday, February 11, 2010

Making the Crooked ways straight

So my newest adventure is dealing with some foreign things in my mouth. I got braces. Something I've been wanting since I was 10. And boy was I re-thinking this decision yesterday and it was only day 2. I got the invisalign braces which means you can't tell by looking, but there is definitely a change in my speech. The hardest part was first dealing with the pain of having them squeeze my teeth, then taking them out to eat and they hurt worse after putting them back in.

It has put an end to my snacking. I gotta plan meals out now. I hope this doesn't cause me to lose more weight. I can't afford it! But I thought I was more pain tolerant than this. Am I being a punk? I'll just suck it up for this life long dream of having a perfect smile.

When I was younger I wouldn't show teeth at all in some of my pics leading to some of the worst pics you've ever seen. Then in high school I figured out that it didn't work so I just began smiling, gaps and all. I'd become comfortable with it after a while, but when the opportunity arose to change my situation I took it.

So here I am today, trying not to get addicted to pain killers, planning my next meal and sucking up the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment