Saturday, July 31, 2010

true love

My friend and I just finished watching a movie called Timer. I first saw the preview on Hulu and then found it on my new fav site Netflix. Awesome concept of a movie. It takes the match.com phenomenon to another level. This company thats looks like a cross between a t-mobile store and an Apple store where you can go and get this timer implanted on your wrist to tell you exactly when you will meet your soul mate. The main character's timer is blank which means her soul mate hasn't gotten his timer yet. Which kinda makes her crazy wondering when and where he is.


So it kinda got us thinking...if you could know when you would meet the ONE, would you want to? And even if you do know, you could still definitely screw it up by not being open to loving someone. I think of characters like Joan from Girlfriends who had chance after chance after chance and she still managed to mess things up by being desperate or jealous. She was the perpetual single girl and after a while i was like please just find somebody!

Also I'm wondering can you be just too picky. I mean I know what I want and some things I'm not really willing to compromise on. Height....I know thats a soft spot for some men, sorry. Relationship with the Lord, I just can't have the same fight again and again. And when it comes to beliefs its a struggle if the person you want to be with doesn't know what your talking about.

I would love to see some options...Trust me, I haven't seen any. Cole actually suggested I practice my flirting. I know how to use the tools when the time comes. I just don't want to waste those tools on someone I wouldn't normally give the time of day. Nor do I want to get someone's hopes up, thinking there's something there when there's not. I like to be very clear on my intentions. If I like you then you'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment